What are magic mushroom truffles ?
magic mushroom truffles gained popularity in 2008, when psilocybin mushrooms were banned in the Netherlands. Truffles contain the same psychedelic substances as mushrooms (manily psilocin and psilocybin) and the effects are almost identical. The main difference is that truffle trips tend to be more enjoyable and less challenging. This also means that truffles are not as paradigm-shifting and they likely don’t have as much healing potential.
looking for where to buy magic mushrooms or truffles in the uk ? click here
Why choose magic mushroom truffles over other psychedelics?
magic mushroom truffles …
- Are easier to handle than psilocybin mushroomsAre almost identical to magic mushrooms, therefore we know a lot about the drugs effects and safety profile from a huge amount of studies and trip reportsAre slightly easier to dose than magic mushroomsAre legal in some places of the world
Don’t cause any damage to your organs and there is no lethal dose
Will make you trip for 3-6 hours, which allows you to discover many lessons but the trip isn’t too long either
Are one of the best psychedelics for connecting with nature
Aren’t as stigmatized as synthetic psychedelics, such as LSD
Won’t make you addicted unless you take them purely for recreational purposes
Are (along with shrooms or synthetic shrooms) probably the best psychedelic for beginner psychonauts
Are natural, therefore they shouldn’t be cut with any other substances
Long-term benefits & side effects
Many of the benefits will only occur if you follow the tips below.
Most (if not all) of the side effects are preventable and they will not happen if you follow the Safety checklist.
Makes you appreciate nature more
Is one of the most effective ways to treat depression (after a single psilocybin mushrooms session, depression stays below 50% for at least 6 months and similar results would likely apply to truffles as well)
Can be used to cure addictions (3 psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy sessions lower the rates of tobacco addictions by 80%)
Can lower your levels of stress and anxiety, including social anxiety
Helps you form positive habits, such as meditation and exercise
Makes you more creative and open-minded
Helps you look at your life from a different perspective
Allows you to heal your childhood trauma and forgive people who’ve hurt you
Makes you more conscious and loving
Can help you transcend the fear of death
Gives you insights into the nature of reality
Can be used for treating autism
Is an effective way to treat cluster headaches
Can be used as a treatment for PTSD
Can lead to self-harm for those who take the drug in an unsafe environment
May speed up the onset of schizophrenia if you’re genetically predisposed to it
Can cause HPPD and physical damage if you combine it with other substances (such as alcohol or stimulants)
Could cause you trauma due to bad set and setting
Might lead to drug-induced psychosis if you’re predisposed to it
Can be psychologically addictive (but only if you take it recreationally)
Can cause seizures in rare cases
Is illegal in some places and you might get arrested for possessing the drug
How to take magic truffles
The best way to take magic truffles is to eat them.
Whether you eat them fresh or dry doesn’t matter too much but dry truffles tend to be less nauseating.
If you can, combine the truffles with lemon water or vinegar. The acidity will help break down psilocybin into psilocin and magic truffles will then be easier to digest.
Ginger helps prepare your stomach and makes the drug less nauseating but it is not necessary.
- 0.5 grams = Microdose
- Best if you’re afraid of tripping and you still want to reap the benefits2-5 grams = Light dose
- Best if you take the drug in nature or for or for solving human problems (business, relationships, …)5-10 grams = Regular dose
- The insights you’ll learn are easier to retain and incorporate than if you were to take higher doses10-20 grams = Strong dose
- This dose is shown to be as effective as the heroic dose in psilocybin therapies while the chance of getting an extremely challenging experience is much lower.20+ grams = Heroic dose
- The mental benefits of a heroic dose are more profound than if you were to take lower doses but a heroic dose is also more likely to cause a bad trip. It is easier to let go on a heroic dose but the intensity can still be difficult to handle. If you are taking psilocybin for spiritual exploration, heroic doses are more effective.
The doses above are displayed for dry truffles. If you eat them fresh, multiply the amounts by 1.4.
Many psychonauts recommend starting with a light dose. However, it is not wrong to start at higher doses.
Starting with a regular or a strong dose is usually a better strategy because your ego will have it easier to surrender to the experience, which is extremely important.
You will also not get as many benefits from low doses as if you were to start with higher doses.
It’s been shown that mystical experiences can deeply change your identity and the higher the dose you take, the more intense they will be.
Do not, however, start with a strong dose if you don’t have a trip sitter nearby.
And don’t take super-high doses in nature. The last thing you want is to be lying on the ground for hours outside.
So keep in mind that the higher the dose you take, the more important it is to be in a safe environment.
Some people are more sensitive than others. There are people who can take a strong and feel nothing. This mainly happens to people with autism. Otherwise, it is rare.
Different species also have different amounts of psilocin and psilocybin but don’t worry about this too much.
Equivalents for 5g of dry truffles
|Fresh magic mushroom truffles
Maximize the benefits
Keep in mind that integration is even more important than the trip itself. Taking psychedelics would be almost useless if you didn’t retain any lessons in your day-to-day life.
What will help you the most is contemplating about the experience – be it by journaling, thinking about the trip, or sharing your memories with a trusted friend.
Distracting thoughts can get in the way, which is why you want to spend the day after your trip without TV, social media, and other distractions.
If you can, spend time in silence and solitude. Meditate, go for a walk, contemplate the experience.
Should you listen to music on magic mushroom truffles ?
Music can make the trip more pleasant and greatly increase the benefits. That is why it is used in most psychotherapy sessions.
However, not all music is created equal. Listening to N.W.A. and 2Pac wouldn’t be so helpful. Even positive, relaxing music with lyrics can be a distraction.
If you decide to listen to music on magic truffles, choose calm, classical music with little to no lyrics.
This playlist used in Johns Hopkins psilocybin studies is proven to be extremely effective:
You should notice the first effects within 20 minutes after you take the substance
You will reach the maximum effect around the 90-minute mark
The whole trip usually lasts for 3-6 hours
At heroic doses, your trip may last for even longer (up to 12 hours in rare cases)
If you eat food before you take the substance, it will take longer to kick in (up to 90 minutes) and your trip will be weaker
What do magic mushroom truffles feel like?
The effects of magic truffles are similar to those of magic mushrooms. The main difference is that truffles are easier to handle.
While this does make the experience safer and more pleasant, this also means that truffles have less potential for healing and growing spiritually.
Common short-term effects include:
The higher dose you take, the more intense these effects will be.
With that said, it is impossible to accurately describe the experience through human language.
The psychedelic affects each individual differently and no two trips are the same. Therefore, there is virtually no way to know what your trip will feel like.
The only way to truly know what magic truffles feel like is to take it.
Magic truffles will most likely give you a pleasant experience. Bad trips can happen but you can prevent them by following the tips below.
Bad trips mostly happen because people take the substance irresponsibly. If you take this psychedelic the right way, there is virtually no chance you’ll get a bad trip.
In case you still do, that’s good! A “bad” trip isn’t always bad, it can actually be the most healing and insightful moment of your life!
During a “bad” trip, negative emotions are coming up from your subconscious mind. They have always been there whether you are aware of it or not. They have been damaging your life and a difficult trip is an opportunity to process these traumas and unpleasant feelings and let go of them.
The more painful the experience, the more you can heal.
So instead of calling bad trips bad, call them challenging.
If you understand that bad trips are awesome in the long run, not only will you feel more comfortable diving into these challenging states, it will actually excite you!
Why they happen
The most common reasons for getting a bad trip are:
- Tripping in an unsafe environment (in public, at a party, even nature doesn’t feel safe if you take higher doses)Facing difficult times in your day-to-day life (a break-up, death of a loved one, …)Rejecting to let go and trying to hold on to your ego and control the stateBeing afraid of the trip (either because of the stigma around psychedelics or because you are not sure how pure your substance is)
Mixing the psychedelic with alcohol, weed, or other drugs
Expecting a bad trip (it can easily become a self-fulfilling prophecy)
How to cope with a bad trip
- Do not perceive this experience as something bad, remember that facing these difficult emotions is extremely healingFully surrender to the experience, do not try to feel goodIf you’re alone, call a trusted friend to come over and keep you safe
How to end a bad trip
In case you are not ready to face your inner demons yet, there are a few ways to end a bad trip.
One possible way is to put on music that is familiar to you. Another way is to switch up your location and move from one place to another. This can completely change your train of thought.
In case the trip becomes extremely challenging and there is no one around you to keep you safe, consider ending your trip with a trip killer.
Using a trip killer usually is not the best idea because the bad emotions will stay unresolved and you will get little to no benefits from the experience. With that said, using a trip killer is smarter than harming yourself.
The 2 best options that you have for ending a bad trip are Phenibut and benzodiazepines. Phenibut is generally safer but it can take a few hours to kick in and end your trip.
So to end a trip, use benzodiazepines. But again, only do it if there is no other way.
- Qualia Mind
- This nootropic is comprised of 28 ingredients designed to support and maximize your brain function. These ingredients act synergistically and many of them will protect you from the potential neurotoxic effects of the psychedelic. Qualia will also make your trips more pleasant and help you retain more benefits from them.Lion’s Mane and Niacin
- Taking Lion’s mane and niacin combined with a microdose of psilocybin or other serotonergic psychedelics can result in significant improvements in neuroplasticity. This combination is also called the “Paul Stamets Stack,” as it was developed by Paul Stamets, a leading expert in mycology. Specifically, paul recommends taking a microdose with 1 gram of dry Lion’s mane and 50-100 mg of niacin every 3rd day.Ginger
- Ginger significantly reduces nausea and can prevent you from vomiting.Herbs
- Along with ginger, other herbs can help you reduce nausea as well. They can also help you calm down. Herbal teas (chamomile, lemon balm, valerian root, …) are especially helpful.Green tea
- Tea makes you both more alert and calm at the same time. It also contains neuroprotective antioxidants, such as EGCG.CBD
- CBD has a calming effect.LSD
- These substances act synergistically, some people prefer this combination instead of taking the two individually.Weed
- Marijuana will intensify your trip. If you combine these substances, marijuana will also become more psychedelic for you.MDMA
- These drugs have a synergistic effect but tryptamines might increase the neurotoxicity of MDMA. Also, do not combine the two if you suffer from heart problems.Nitrous oxide
- Nitrous oxide will multiply the intensity of your trip.Dissociatives
- Combining dissociatives with psychedelics won’t necessarily cause you harm but it can be confusing and lead to bad trips.Benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, …)
- Benzos will end your psychedelic experience within 40 minutes but using this method may cause you side effects in the long run.Alcohol
- Alcohol minimizes all the potential benefits of a psychedelic experience. It also greatly increases your chance of having a bad trip.SSRIs or MAOIs
- Not only will these antidepressants greatly decrease the intensity of your trip, but they can also lead to long-lasting side effects.Lithium
- Combining psychedelics with lithium significantly increases the risk of seizures and psychosis.Stimulants
- The combination can easily lead to heart problems, even if you’re a healthy individual.Tramadol
- Combining the two can cause seizures.St. John’s Wort
- This combination may lead to serotonin syndrome.
The effects of microdosing magic truffles are not well-known but since the drug is extremely similar to psilocybin mushrooms, microdosing magic truffles should be almost identical to microdosing shrooms.
If you are not ready to take higher doses, microdosing is a way to go because it can bring similar benefits to your life with even fewer side effects.
Experts in the field generally recommend microdosing every 3rd day. Taking a microdose more often is not a good idea because you would become tolerant to psilocybin and the substance would have little to no effect.
Around 80% of people who take microdoses claim that it has profoundly changed their lives.
For some, microdosing has cured their depression and helped them find beauty in small things. Some also say that they experience significantly less anxiety when they microdose.
Many people take tiny doses of mushrooms to become more creative and productive throughout the day. Microdosing has also been shown to increase athletic performance.
What is awesome about microdosing is that you can stop at any time in case you notice some adverse reaction or if you simply don’t see any benefits.
Just like psilocybin mushrooms, truffles are illegal in the vast majority of countries.
In the Netherlands, you can buy and take truffles legally.
In some countries, you can legally own a small amount of the substance for personal use.